Pages

Portobello Markets

Today we went to Portobello Markets. It was a yucky day again, really cold and there were periods of heavy rain. Going on a Friday meant there weren't as many stalls as on the weekend, but there was still heaps of stalls there and lots to look at.

There are shops and market stalls all the way down Portobello Road, and they sell everything from jewellery to teapots to fur coats. I had my eye on a cute tea-for-one set with cupcakes on it, but decided I didn't really need it since we don't have a permanent home yet. They had heaps of cool jewellery, and I brought a Turquoise and silver ring. I've been looking for one for ages, but hadn't found one I liked, so was very excited to finally find one.


The ring in the middle is the one I got today, the one on the left is a Nightmare Before Christmas ring from Disneyland and the one on the right is a Pirates of the Caribbean ring also from Disneyland.

I also bought a pink umbrella, which was excellent for keeping the rain off me. It's pretty large and has a parasol top, so maybe not perfect for daily use, but I loved the colour! Maybe I'll just save it for special occasions :)


For lunch we had cupcakes from Hummingbird bakery. We had carrot cake cupcakes, but they had cola ones with little coke bottle lollies on top! They looked pretty good...but wasn't sure about how cola cupcakes would taste.

I bought some navy Hunter gumboots today as well. They were perfect for the rain, my feet were nice and dry. And they're pretty stylish too. So I've gone from not buying anything, to buying quite a lot in one day! I also stopped in at Primark in Hammersmith and purchased the puffer jacket in the post below, and also a thinner hip length jacket to wear now, as it's not quite cold enough for the puffer yet. That one was only 11 pounds! Bargain!

We had hoped to go to Borough Markets today as well, but by the time we left Portobello Rd it was 3 p.m., and Borough Markets were too far away to make it by closing time. Hopefully we can go next week.

Here's a photo of the house we're staying in too, and one of our room.


2 comments:

  1. You are all set for a London winter, love your ring by the way as well. Is Brad buying anything? Love the pink umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I am so jealous of all the places you are going to,some I have been to but others we missed.I love your gumboots & jacket(very trendy).I am glad that Bradley has found his comic shop that will keep him out of mischief..haha

    ReplyDelete