Pages

Christmas Cruise on the Thames

My work had our Christmas function last Friday. Partner's were invited this year and we went on a four hour cruise along the Thames, down past Greenwich and back.

We were originally going to have a lovely flat bottomed boat which glides along the Thames, but at the last minute we were switched to a huge sailing barge, which has a narrower bottom and is MUCH rockier. Needless to say, I spent a LOT of time on up deck seasick, wearing several jackets and my scarf as a hat because it was freezing.




We finished work early so we could do Secret Santa before leaving, I got a Travel Mug and some lollies, which I was pretty pleased with, as you can see below! We had to open them one at a time in front of everyone, so even if you hated what you got, you had to act convincingly very quickly!



I find this photo hilarious, it's so cheesy. It looks kind of like a photo taken by a terrible wedding photographer!

Going past The Tower of London, looks so amazing all lit up at night. Makes me want to do a night tour of the Tower, it costs about £10 more than during the day, but it would be so awesome to it see in the dark!


Because we were on a larger sailing barge, Tower Bridge opened just for us! It was so exciting, and everyone was waving to us as we went under.




All wrapped up like a Russian bride in my fur coat, on top of the coat I was already wearing. It was so cold. I think I actually got a better experience having to stay up top most of the night. There were no windows downstairs, so I got a great view. Plus the skipper gave me a running commentary with heaps of interesting facts about London as we sailed past.





4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time even if it was cold

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you were having fun even though it looked freezing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look so good, pretty outfit Niki, so good to see you having fun. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos of you both, Merry Christmas. Kevin

    ReplyDelete