Pages

Ice-Skating

We went ice-skating with my work last Wednesday at the Tower of London. It was a really clear night, but it was super cold so everyone was dressed up really warmly. It's right next to the Thames, and the wind blowing up off there was freezing.

I haven't gone ice-skating since my Paradise days when I was 14, so I was pretty rusty. There was also heaps of people there. You buy tickets in 1 hour sessions, we went for the 6.30 p.m. session, and the ice was really full.

We hung onto the rail for a while (mostly me), before I got brave enough to let go, I wasn't too bad, and the girls at work took pity on me and took me round a few times, and I didn't even fall over.

Was definitely fun, but we were pretty glad to get off the ice after about 45 minutes. An hour is a long time to ice skate!

The pictures below are pretty blurry, they were taken by our resident work photographer who decided not to skate.













1 comment: